Honorary Life Membership Award
Each year the Women of Unity nominate and select an extraordinary woman to receive the Presbyterian Women Honorary Life Membership Award. This is a national honor originating in 1912 from the Presbyterian Women in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A). It recognizes women that are known for their commitment to Christ and the mission of the church. This award honors the woman who has given of herself over her lifetime in devoted service to her church and community. A woman who has impacted the lives of many with her love, generosity, and actions.
The Honorary Life Membership pin’s design was adopted in celebration of the coming together of Presbyterian women from the former United Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A and the Presbyterian Church (U.S).
- The caring, supportive hands represent women who seek to build an inclusive community of Presbyterian Women.
- The leaf represents growth of our personal and corporate response to Jesus Christ as we nurture our faith.
- The dove indicates our work for peace in our own lives and throughout the world shown in the globe.
- At the center of the design is the cross, by which our sins are forgiven, and we are freed to live in Christ who is at the center of our lives.
- The overall design is of the butterfly, a symbol of newness in Christ and emergence of new creation, Presbyterian Women.
Presbyterian Women Honorary Life Members
List of recipients coming soon