Back to School Prayers
Every year, our church does a blessing of the backpacks during a Sunday morning worship service before school begins. This year, since times are so different and our needs are various, we are doing things a little differently.
We hope that your family will benefit from sharing these “Back to School” prayers and choose the ones that work for you. Use them on the first day of school, when you attach your tag to your backpack or your sticker to your device or water bottle, or at the beginning of each school day to remind yourself that God is with you.
Click here to view these prayers.
Finding God in Everything
Whether you are traveling or enjoying a summer at home, we invite your family to join us on a journey to find God in everyday, extraordinary life. Each week we encourage you to take photos, draw pictures, create crafts and share how your family is #FindingGodAtUnity. Submit your photos via Facebook or email them to Kathryn McGregor.
- June 7: The Night Sky, “He decided how many stars there would be in the sky and gave each one a name.” Psalm 147:4
- June 14: Mountain Landscapes, “You are strong, and your mighty power put the mountains in place.” Psalm 65:6
- June 21: Wonders in Nature, “You perform great wonders because you alone are God.” Psalm 86:10
- June 28: Beaches or Storms, “He made the storm stop and the sea be quiet.” Psalm 107:29
- July 5: Animals and People, “Let every living creature praise the Lord.” Psalm 150:6a
- July 12: Birds, “He will spread his wings over you and keep you secure.” Psalm 91:4a
- July 19: God’s Light Shining Through People, “Make your light shine, so that others will see the good that you do and will praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
- July 26: Waves and Flowing Water, “Jesus answered,… ‘The water I give is like a flowing fountain that gives eternal life.’” John 4:13-14
- August 2: Children Playing, “All of you are God’s children because of your faith in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:26
- August 9: How You See God, “Be still and know that I am God!” Psalm 46:10 (NRSV)
- August 16: God’s Love, “Praise the Lord! He is good. God’s love never fails.” Psalm 136:1