Ash Wednesday Outdoor Worship
Wednesday, February 17 is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the season of Lent. In addition to the prayer stations in the Fellowship Hall and a pre-recorded prayer service, we will be gathering outside for a Live on the Lawn Ash Wednesday Service at 6:30 PM, click here to register.
We will begin our journey to the cross with song, scripture, candlelight, and ashes as we recognize the ways in which Christ continues to show up, and in doing so leads us to repentance and joy. The Service will be approximately 30 minutes.
As we did for Christmas Eve services, in order to accommodate more people, the Ash Wednesday service will look a little different than our Sunday morning Live on the Lawn service:
- We will not be parking on the lawn as it will be set with luminaries.
- Please park in the sanctuary or fellowship hall parking lots, in the cemetery or nearby lots and plan to walk to the lawn. If you have a medical need to remain in your car please sign up and contact Dr. Rich.
- Dress for the weather and bring your lawn chair.
- Ushers will help you find a place to sit and items needed for the service.
- A flashlight may be helpful as we will gather just after sunset.
COVID-19 safety protocols will be required:
- Each person or family will use an individual container of ashes and will put the ashes on their own forehead or on the foreheads of other family members.
- Wear your mask.
- Remain 6′ distance from others.
- If you are not feeling well- are under quarantine- or have been in contact with or caring for someone with COVID-19, please continue to pray from home and participate in the pre-recorded service instead of coming to the service.
Please indicate the number of people in your group that plan to attend. Everyone (especially guests and visitors) is welcome, but all are strongly encouraged to let us know you are coming so we can adequately prepare.